Thursday, October 1, 2009

Soy Ginger Chicken, Sauteed Vegetables, and Autumn Farmer's Market Salad

Sarah, Clint, and Sarah-Jane joined me for dinner tonight. I had hoped to find a recipe for the meal sometime at work, but I ended up wandering around Reading Terminal Market with a fistful of recipes that I had just pulled from Epicurious. Wanting something flavorful and quick to prepare, I decided to follow one salad recipe and bought four pre-marinated soy ginger chicken breasts from Och's. I then found a good looking red bell pepper, red onion, and an asparagus bunch. Before heading home, I stopped off at the cheese shop and got 1/4lb of Black Mountain--a Welsh aged goat's milk with garlic and herbs.

At home, I made an Autumn Farmer's Market Salad, with pomegranate seeds, oranje juice, arugula, and roasted butternut squash.

I then pan sauteed the breasts in the marinade, sauteed the asparagus in butter and garlic, and then sauteed the bell pepper and red onion in the same pan.

Cheating a bit with the pre-marinade, I think it all turned out well.






Here are the financials:


Asparagus: $2.99
Butternut Squash: $1.62
Navel orange: $1.00
Pomegranate: $0.34
Red Bell Pepper: $0.75
Organic walnuts: $1.75
Arugula: $2.00
Chicken breast: $8.00

SubTotal: $18.45
Total per person: $4.61

Eye candy:



No comments:

Post a Comment